How did this happen?
Martin is blogging!?
I am. I would probably never start yet another blog in the already crowded hyper space if it wouldn’t be for Globalkitespots.com.
I wanted to build this service as I saw a need for it and thought many fellow kitesurfers would find it useful too. And since I built it using WordPress it was an easy step to add the blog part.
I came clean a long time ago, admitting I’m a kite addict. If Windguru is the most visited page in your browser history, you watch more kite videos than rom-coms (despite your partner’s efforts) and know what boots Tom Court is riding you are into kitesurfing on an extremely nerdy level.
This probably happens for a lot of weekend warriors (which I consider myself to be) when we get to spend way more time surfing the web instead of surfing the water. Since I spend so much time thinking about this sport maybe I should jot some of the thoughts and impressions down every now and then.
Some things you won’t see me write about:
- What I did/ate/saw today (this is not a journal of my everyday life)
- Links to the latest videos and news (I’m sure you already have your feeds for this)
- My kitesurf sessions (they are the world to me but probably not to you)
Some things you might see me write about:
- Reviews of gear I use
- Reviews of kite spots
- Travel logs
- Trick progression and guides
- Personal development
- News related to Switch Kites